Sizzling Romance: Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Pineapple and Bell Peppers for a Seafood Feast
Ah, the sweet and succulent taste of fresh grilled shrimp!
The thought of these little morsels being skewered with juicy chunks of pineapple and vibrant bell peppers is enough to make one's heart flutter with excitement.
This dish is perfect for seafood lovers, and will add a touch of tropical charm to any meal.
Let's delve into this delightful recipe, and make your taste buds dance with joy!
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large pineapple, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat, or set your pellet grill to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Add the shrimp, pineapple, and bell peppers to the bowl, and toss to evenly coat in the marinade.
- Thread the shrimp, pineapple, and bell peppers onto the skewers, alternating the ingredients and leaving a little space between each piece.
- Place the skewers on the grill or pellet grill and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are cooked through and the pineapple and bell peppers are slightly charred.
- Serve the grilled shrimp skewers immediately, garnished with freshly chopped herbs, and a squeeze of lemon juice if desired.
The warm and fragrant spices, combined with the sweet and juicy flavors of the pineapple and bell peppers, make this grilled shrimp skewers recipe a truly tantalizing treat.
Serve it up with a crisp white wine, and bask in the compliments of your loved ones. Happy Valentine's Day, my dears!