Sizzle and Spice: A Guide to Cooking Sweet and Spicy BBQ Ribs on a Traeger Pellet Grill or Smoker
Ah, sweet and spicy BBQ ribs, a dish as enticing as a warm summer evening and a partner to share it with.
The tender meat falling off the bone, the kiss of heat on your lips, and the sweetness that dances on your tongue – truly a feast fit for royalty. If you're looking to sweep your love off their feet this Valentine's Day, these ribs will do the trick.
Here's what you'll need to whip up this seductive dish:
- 2 slabs of baby back ribs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat your Traeger Pellet Grill or smoker to 225°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Cut the slabs of ribs in half and sprinkle both sides generously with the spice mixture.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the ketchup, apple cider vinegar, honey, and Worcestershire sauce to make the BBQ sauce.
- Place the ribs on the grill or smoker and smoke for 2 1/2 hours. Brush the BBQ sauce on both sides of the ribs every 30 minutes for the last hour.
- Once the ribs have reached an internal temperature of 145°F, remove them from the heat and let them rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve the ribs hot with a drizzle of extra BBQ sauce and a side of your choice.
Enjoy your succulent and seductive Sweet and Spicy BBQ Ribs, my dears.
May your Valentine's Day be filled with love, laughter, and of course, plenty of delicious food.