Making Memorial Day Memories
Here at Kona, we believe that every day should be a holiday! But this Memorial weekend, we want to honor those who served and protected our country with their military service.
We have put together a list of activities that will make fond and happy memories for many Memorial Days to come. And don't forget to include our nation's veterans in your activities. They've earned it!!
To honor our vets, we're offering a 20% discount on all purchases at konabbqstore.com.Just use code KONAVETS to take advantage of our great Memorial weekend sale! (code is good for everyone! no exclusions apply!)
1. Have a family BBQ! Memorial Day is the unofficial kick-off to summer! A BBQ is an excellent way to get family and friends together to share memories from the past and make new memories!
2. Listen to veterans' stories! Telling stories of bygone days can be therapeutic for a veteran. Let them share memories. It'll make their day!
3. Write a letter to a soldier or their family! There are many organizations that support letter writing to our troops. It's very important to a soldier to hear his/her name called at mail call.
4. Put together a care package for a soldier! Many soldiers never get care packages from home. Contact one of the many organizations that support our troops to find out how to send a little love from home!
5. Fly a flag and observe a moment of silence! Teach your children to take pride in flying the red, white and blue! Explain to them the meaning of Memorial Day and why we observe a moment of silence to reflect on those who have given their lives to keep us safe.
6. Spend the day in Washington DC! There is so much to see and do in our nation's capital! Spend the day together and explore this great city!
7. Attend a Memorial Day parade! Take the family to a parade, and take plenty of pictures!
8. Decorate! Make red, white and blue decorations with the kids. Proudly display them for all to see!
9. Pack a picnic basket! Go to the park and have a picnic! Check ahead to see if the park has BBQ pits. If so, pack your grill mat and grill brush and have a fun family day!
10. Camp out! Have a backyard camp out for the whole family! Use your fire pit to build your campfire and make some s'mores. Sing campfire songs, howl at the moon, and stargaze. It'll be a night the family always remembers!