1. Got Tools? – Gather up your tools of the trade! Whether you like the basic tailgate BBQ with your standard grill and a couple of lawn chairs, or you go huuuge with a crème de la crème grill and fancy chaises, make sure to get all of the necessities cleaned and ready to go before game day.
You don’t want to be scrambling around and stressed on game day. Start making a list of everything you’ll need so that nothing is forgotten. There are tailgate apps that can help you with prep. Take a look at all of your grill gadgets, such as the brushes and grill mats, to see if they need to be replaced.
If so, visit the Kona BBQ Store and use our great discount code. Also, take a look at our newest must have gadget, the KONA Tailgater BBQ Multi Grill Tool! It’s got every grill tool you need in a beautiful compact, magnetic set. These six amazing tools separate easily and expand to 12 inches. Every tailgater’s dream!
2. Pack Her Up! – After you’ve got everything together, pack up your vehicle (or vehicles if you’re going big!!) Don’t wait until game day to try and do everything. This is one thing you can do the night before and be done with it!
3. Safety First!! – Prep as much food as you can the evening before. Use zip lock bags or reusable silicone food storage bags to keep your foods separated to avoid contamination. Store your cold foods in a different cooler than your beverages. That way you won’t have your tailgaters in the way when you’re trying to cook. You want to get the cooking done so you can enjoy the festivities, too!!
4. Pump Up The Jam!! – Don’t forget the music! What’s a tailgate party without some tunes to get the blood flowing? Take an evening and put together a playlist. A well thought out playlist can really raise the energy level at any party, but especially a tailgate party!
5. Winner Takes All!! – Don’t forget the festivities! The latest and greatest in party games is the new KONA G.O.A.T. Party Drinking Games Kit. This game kit includes the greatest of all time (G.O.A.T) party games and will keep your tailgate partiers having fun the whole day through! Let the winner take all!!!
6. Miscellaneous! – Sometimes those minor details can make or break a party. Keep the trash corralled with a popup laundry basket with a trash bag inside. After, you can dispose of the
trash and collapse your “trash can.” Bring plenty of ice, cups and can koozies for the drinks.
Your guests will thank you! It can still be hot and sunny at the beginning of the season, so don’t forget the sunscreen! Freeze bottled water to use as ice in the coolers and use them later in the day for drinking.
Pack a mini first aid kit for those bound to happen injuries. Double check your propane level (you can use one of our propane indicators) and bring an extra bottle of propane if necessary.
Bring extra charcoal if using a charcoal grill. Consider the wind when you position your grill. Your guests will thank you! Fill an empty laundry soap container with a dispenser with water. Guests can use this to wash their hands. Use a long bungee to hang a roll of paper towels nearby.