SUMMER’S OVER ALREADY?? NO WAY!!!
Here's 5 things you want to do on Labor Day weekend:
1. MOST IMPORTANT! - Ask your boss to let everybody leave early the Friday before the Labor Day weekend begins to get a head start on the long weekend! Or better yet, maybe he/she will give everyone off! (You know my boss will be reading this, right??)
2. BIG BASH! – Have a big bash BBQ! Invite your friends and family to a potluck BBQ. Ask each family to bring a covered dish and a drink, while you BBQ a variety of meats and veggies to share. Mmmm….that’ll be a great variety of foods to try.
Don’t overeat!! Make sure to use your Kona Best BBQ grill mat so your grill cleanup is quick and easy! And afterwards try our new Kona Safe/Clean Ceramic-Nylon scraper grill brush with 400 degree warm grill cleaning technology to clean that grill well after all that cooking!!
3. FAMILY, FAMILY, FAMILY! – If you aren’t having a BBQ, get the family together so you can share your summer memories. Put together a few snacks to munch on while you all enjoy that special time you can only get at a family gathering!
4. GET SILLY!! – One of our Kona family members told me about a surprise she had for her grown children at their family reunion. She put together for each of her boys a costume for them to wear of their favorite childhood characters.
They put the outfits on and strutted around and just plain got silly! Then they all just danced and danced! Getting silly and being goofy with your family sounds like soooo much fun!!
5. I SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!! – When I was growing up, my grandparents always had so many fun activities for their grandkids! One of them was making ice cream. It was work churning and churning, and I don’t really remember whether the ice cream was good or not.
But I still remember all the laughing, fooling around and fun that we all had. So make some ice cream, and have some family fun that you’ll remember throughout your life!! (By the way—the ice cream makers are way easier now than they were back then!!)
I hope that you, our Kona friends, can use an idea or two to help you have a great end of summer Labor Day weekend! (Hopefully, extra long if the bosses cooperate! LOL!) If these don’t interest you, step out of the box and do something different! Make memories!! Have fun!!